As you may know, the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) has enacted RESPA regulations which require all residential lenders to ensure that their vendors, including settlement agents, are in compliance with requirements for the security of closings and safeguarding borrower's non-public information. As a result of these regulations, the American Land Title Association has promulgated "ALTA Best Practices" which, if complied with by settlement agents, will allow lending institutions to be confident that they can provide positive reporting to the CFPB. I certify to you that my office is fully in compliance with ALTA's Best Practices as follows:
· Licensing -I am licensed as an Attorney with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and licensed to write Title Insurance in the state of Rhode Island. I am a policy issuing agent for Title Insurance for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
· Escrow Account - My office has adopted and maintains appropriate written procedures and controls for Escrow Trust Accounts allowing for electronic verification of reconciliation.
· Privacy and Security - My office has adopted and maintains a written privacy and information security program to protect Non-public Personal Information (NPI) as required by local, state and federal law.
· Recording and Pricing - My office has adopted standard real estate settlement procedures and policies that help ensure compliance with Federal and State Consumer Financial Laws as applicable to the Settlement process.
· Policy Issuance - My office has adopted and maintains written procedures related to title policy production, delivery, reporting and premium remittance.
· Insurance - My office maintains appropriate professional liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
· Customer Complaints - My office has adopted and maintains procedures for resolving consumer complaints.
The security of the non-public information of your residential lending customers continues to be of upmost importance to my office. I value your trust and confidence in my office and the services that we provide to you and your customers. I look forward to continuing our valuable relationship. If you have any questions regarding these compliance issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Law Offices of Clifford A. Monac through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 LawLawyerTemplate - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder